Monday, January 25, 2021

About Me

About Me

          My name is Connor Stone. I am currently a freshman at Georgia Gwinnett College majoring in cinema media art production. My goal is to transfer to UGA and pursue sports journalism and broadcasting. 

          As you can probably tell I love sports. Ever since my parents let me step out on the field whether it was football, baseball, lacrosse I fell in love with everything about sports. Being apart of a team and coming together to achieve one common goal is one of the best feelings in the world. Going through the workouts and practices and defeats with someone you forge a bond that lasts a lifetime. I feel like nowadays the passion and love for the game have faded or worn on a lot of people and I believe I can bring that energy and true love back to broadcasting sports. As much of a meathead as I am, I do have a lot of other interests. Reading is one of my favorites hobbies. Whether it's a book on ancient Greek or a tale from a galaxy far far away I love transporting and immersing myself into their worlds or settings. 

          Legos and just building, in general, is a big hobby of mine. I love working with my hands and starting out with just parts and building something beautiful and strong. Also, who doesn't want to run around their house with a Lego spaceship? Video games are a misunderstood media I love diving into as well. In today's society, a lot of people believe videogames are just brain rotting, and while that is true for some I believe they offer a lot more than meets the eye. I have taken many lessons from the games I grew up playing. In Halo I learned the importance of relationships and perseverance, in Red Dead Redemption 2 I learned it's never too late to make a change, and in Assassins Creed, I learned the value of patience and that not everything is as it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction to Final Paper

The butterfly effect theory is an idea that small things can make monumental change. The small 166.4 square mile island seems to prove this ...